Range of Functions
With this plugin one can easily create and manage SEO compliant URL forwardings with 301 or 302 status code via the Shopware Administration.
Reasons for a redirection can be diverse. A relaunch of the shop can change the complete URL structure. Then, hard-fought search placements at Google would be lost, as the pages are no longer accessible (status code 404). In such cases, permanent forwarding (status code 301) is set up. Thus the Google search algorithm is notified, that the old URL is replaced without any loss of value. Naturally, many URLs change during a relaunch. Such an adjustment is best solved with an import-export function. This function is going to be offered alongside this plugin in the foreseeable future.
Another possibility could be the need for a temporary redirection, such as forwarding the customer from the page of a sold-out product to a product in stock, and similar in price and quality. In this case, a temporary forwarding (status code 302), having no effect on the old URL, is useful.
Management in the Shopware Administration
Via the item “SEO Redirect” in the menu, the SEO forwardings can be created, managed as well as deleted. The following fields are available for this purpose:
- Old URL
the linking web address
- Forwarding Destination
the web address, to which will be redirected to
changes the status code from 301 (permanent redirection) to 302 (temporary redirection)
activates the forwarding
This feature will be made available once Shopware 6 provides an Import/Export feature.
Support is important to us!
Do you have questions about the plugin or are you looking for an E-Commerce specialist who can realize your individual wishes and requirements? Our qualified and highly motivated E-Commerce experts will be happy to advise you.
ACRIS E-Commerce GmbH
Am Pfenningberg 60
4040 Linz / Austria
Office: +43 720 303750
Mo-Thu 8am – 5pm / Fr 8am – 1pm
- Simple handling
- Import / Export funtionality
- Simple handling
- Shopware admin menu entry
- Import / Export functionality
- Additional featrues (like wildcards) will be added soon
- Why exactly do you need redirects? Forwarding URLs is a cornerstone of search engine optimization. Especially during a relaunch (complete rebuilding of the shop) it is important not to lose the hard-won ranking. To avoid this, via a redirect Google is informed that information continues to exist and is now stored under a new URL. The PageRank is thus retained and passed on to the new page. There are two types of forwarding: A 301 (Moved Permanently) redirection indicates that the information is constantly to be found at a new address. A 302 (Moved Temporarily) redirection indicates that the landing page has been changed temporarily. However, the original URL should not be replaced. This method can be used e.g. for advertising campaigns. Thus, a well ranked page can refer to a special promotion page for a short time without losing value itself.
- How can I install the plugin? Using the new Shopware 6 - Plugin Manager (Settings > System > Plugins) the installation is easy as pie. The ZIP file is simply uploaded and can be installed and activated immediately.
- The plugin doesn't work? In the unlikely event of the plugin now working, we recommend to contact us so we can resolve any issues. Usually, only minor issues come up and can be dealt with quickly.
- What do I have to consider when entering the "Old URL" and the "Forward Destination"? Nothing. You can enter the URL completely including the protocol presented (http:// or https://) or omitting the protocol. The simplest solution is to copy and paste the URL from the browser's address bar.
- Do I have to enter each URL individually, or is there a function for multiple URLs? Unfortunately not yet. However, as soon as Shopware 6 has a suitable import-export feature, such a function will be offered free of charge as an update. Complete Excel lists can then be uploaded in bulk, when the feature is released.
- Who is ACRIS? ACRIS E-Commerce GmbH is an E-Commerce company based in Linz, Upper Austria. Our team of motivated and highly qualified experts has been able to build up and constantly expand its expertise for more than 15 years. For ACRIS E-Commerce GmbH, Shopware is an important complement in the field of high-quality standard E-Commerce systems.
- How does the support work? Simple and uncomplicated. You can send us an e-mail to email@example.com or simply call us at +43 720 303750. We will help you unbureaucratically and quickly and resolve any issues together.
- The plugin is what I want, but could I add another function? If you are missing any crucial features, don’t hesitate to contact us. Your input can help us identify needs that not only you might have, but other customers too. If an extension of the plugin benefits and entails added value for the shopware community, we would be more than happy to implement it for you.
Die Installation erfolgt über den Plugin Manager. Danach ist ein eigener Menüpunkt in der Administration für SEO-URLs auffindbar. Dort können die Redirects eingegeben werden.
Zusätzlich kann in neueren Pluginversionen der Import von Redirects über die Shopware Import / Export Funktion erfolgen.