- Version 3.4.2
- Last update 13 May 2020
- Supported Languages
- Support from RHIEM Intermedia GmbH
5.0.0 – 220.127.116.11.0 – 18.104.22.168.0 – 5.2.275.3.0 – 22.214.171.124.0 – 126.96.36.199.0 – 188.8.131.52.0 – 5.6.7
Would you like to automatically classify your customers into different customer groups? You need specific rules to assign the right customer group? Then this plugin can help.
- Rule-based assignment of a customer to a customer group
- Combined queries and prioritization of rules possible
With this plugin you can define rules for when a customer should be assigned to a certain customer group. In the standard Shopware, automatic customer group assignment is limited, since a customer is always assigned to the standard customer group of the respective shop. You can use this plugin to determine the customer group assignment within a shop according to criteria that you can define in rules. The following criteria are available in the current version (further criteria are planned for the next version):
- Country of delivery
- Invoicing country
- Delivery address postcode
- Invoice address postal code
- Articles in shopping cart
- Customer group
- Number of orders
- Email address
- Delivery address customer type
- Billing address customer type
The number of conditions per rule is unlimited and it is possible to link conditions with each other. Furthermore, the rules have a priority in which they are processed. As soon as one rule takes effect, the others are ignored. A rule is executed as soon as data related to a condition changes. Use this plugin to create complex rules for detailed pricing.
To access the documentation, please copy the following link and paste it into the address bar of your browser:
Please note our license agreement: https://rhiem-intermedia.de/license-agreement
By using our plugin you confirm that you have read the license agreement and agree with it.
Questions about the plugin?
We are happy to support you with the installation or further questions regarding the use of the plugin.
Please use the Shopware plugin support function in your Shopware account.
Individual plugin development?
As a Shopware Solution Partner with many years of experience, we are happy to help you with words and deeds.
Write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
give us a call: +49 (0) 28 55 - 97 00 55
For more information about us, please visit
our Shopware partner page:
As the owner of this extension you can rate it in the Shopware accountRate now in your account
Average customer rating from 1 reviews:
Funktional und Verlässlich
Mit diesem Plugin lassen sich Kunden automatisch in verschiedene Kundengruppen einordnen. Dies geschieht fehlerfrei und verlässlich. Es lassen sich einfach individuelle Regeln definieren und sie lassen sich miteinander schnell in Verbindung setzen. Eine super Abhilfe.
- Order amount condition no longer considers cancelled orders
- Added more events to the shop condition (request index, detail and checkout)
The deletion of referenced customer groups was causing an error in the rule configuration
Added Events for chaging customer group
Bugfix - migration logic
- Bugfix - changing the priority
- Refactor - Execution time of the partner condition adjusted, so that the execution is before the price calculation
- Feature - new condition: article was ordered
Version 3.2.0Feature - Added partner condition
Version 3.1.1Bugfix - Fixed an error with the customer type condition
Version 3.1.0Release international Store
Version 3.0.6[Bugfix] - Fixed an error within the customer type condition
Version 3.0.5Bugfix - Compatibility with Amazon Pay plugin
- bugfix - performance optimization
- optimized the events of the address conditions
Version 3.0.3- Fixed a bug with the snippets in the account mode condition
Version 3.0.2- Fixed a bug with the account mode condition operators
Version 3.0.1- Fixed a bug with the 'contains' and 'contains not' operators in the RegisterMailCondition
Version 3.0.0- 5.5 compatibility- refactoring of conditions- added new operator 'one of the following' for the register mail condition- fixed an error that occurred when no rules where defined
- The data for the address-conditions are now based on a different source.
Version 2.3.1Bugfix - Fixed a bug that causes an error while/after the registration.
Version 2.3.0Feature - Implementation of a new condition to determine the account mode of the customer - Implementation of a logging system for the conditions. It can be enabled or disabled in the plugin configuration. The log file is located in the standard log directory.
Bugfix - Adjustment of multiple conditions, so that the data on the confirm page is loaded correctly, when changing the customer group through a condition.
Performance/Bugfix - Under certain circumstances it was possible that rules where executed multiple times. This didn't cause any errors and only serves to improve performance.
order count condition doesn't count cancelled orders anymore
- fixed a bug with the rule priority
- fixed a bug with the order condition and the value 0
Version 2.2.0[Features] - Added new condition: "Vat-ID in Billingaddress" and "Vat-ID in Shippingaddress"
[Bugfix] - Condition "Item in basket" now also takes the order confirmation into consideration
- Added additional checks in different conditions, because calling some session values could throw an exception.
Version 2.1.2Bugfix: - Added Cart event in the ArticleBaskedCondition because of an issue with the Edit Cart page not triggering the article not in cart event
- Removed Type-Hinting
- Shipping- and billingaddress zipcode Condition: Fixed a bug in the operator 'not between'.- Customergroup condition: functionally revised and fixed an error in the non-logged state.
- Shipping- and billingaddress will now be correctly considered in the checkout.
- Evaluation of the condition (new expression class)
- condition: billing address customer type (business/private)
- condition: shipping address customer type (business/private)
- condition: shop
Version 2.0.1- Bugfix QueryBuilder
refactoring of the plugin
- it's now possible to put the conditions in brackets
- no condition limit per rule
- new condition: email address
Version 1.5.2Bugfix für Anzahl Bestellungen
Es können nun auch Regeln erstellt werden, die die
Anzahl der Bestellungen überprüfen, hierbei wird nicht nach dem Status
der Bestellungen unterschieden