- Version 1.2.6
- Last update 30 Mar 2020
- Supported Languages
- Support from KILB Software Development
6.0.06.1.0 – 6.1.4
The KILB Product Designer gives your customers the opportunity, to create their own design for prodcuts like shirts, posters, banners, cups etc.
Before the product is added to cart, the customer can create an unique design. He is able to upload own images, create texts with several fonts, add QR codes or choose between a set of images you have predefined.
After the customer has added the product into the cart he already can see a preview image of the final product. When he completes his order, the plugin will automatically send the design as an PNG image via E-Mail.
When we developed this plugin we had focus on:
Customizability: Nearly everything (image solution, image size, print size, font size and much much more) can be configured by you. You can create as much configurations as you like - even a single article can have several configurations if you like. Your product has a front and back side - but the back side has a smaller area and the maximum font size should not exceed 30? No problem! If you are able to code, this plugin can be the perfect fundament for your own, unique product designer. You can manipulate nearly everything via CSS, JS and PHP!
Compatibility: The plugin is integrated into Shopware as much as needed. But it touches not a single line more of Shopware code than necessary. This will dramatically decrease conflicts with other plugins.
Responsiveness: No matter if you use the plugin on your phone, tablet or desktop. It will work always the same way. It's completely responsive.
GDPR compliant: The designer doesn't embed external resourced like Google Fonts nor any tracking scripts. You customer's privacy will be kept.
- Product designs for each article and variant possible
- SVG support for image uploads and design exports
- Predefined product designs possible
- Simple and clear backend part
Step 1 - Install plugin & get API key
After you purchased a license of the plugin from the Shopware store you can install the plugin in the backend area of your shop under Settings > System > Plugins. Make sure the plugin is not only installed but also activated. After you have activated the plugin click the icon with the three dots and click "Configuration". Here you will find the API key for the next steps.
If there's not link "Configuration" make sure you successfully activated the plugin and reload the backend page via F5.
Step 2 - Assign configuration
After the installation of the plugin you will find a new navigation entry Product Designer in the backend menu. If the entry doesn't appear please reload the backend via F5.
The first time you open the backend of the product designer you will be asked for the API key. Enter it to log in. After the login you will see the table of already ordered designs. This will be empty of course as no article with custom design was ordered yet.
Now click on the tab "Configurations". As you can see there's already a configuration present. This is an example configuration you already can work with. Open the configuration settings by clicking the icon with the three dots. Please add the article number (not: article id!) of the article you like to have designed to that configuration.
Save the configuration and - for production environments - clear the Shopware cache. You can clear the cache by removing all the directories starting with prod* in /shopware-installation-dir/var/cache/...
If you open the product detail page for that article now it's not possible to directly click the "add to cart" button anymore. Instead you first need to specify some product design. To test the implementation of the product design please create a new order with that article and any product design.
Step 3 - Generate image
During the order process the product designer plugin will only store meta information for the customized designs. Also some small preview image for the basket will be generated. As the rendering of the high resolution graphic can be slow and expensive it will not be done in the browser of your customers nor your shop server. Instead you will need to do that on your locale machine, in your browser.
Log in to the product designer backend again. Under "Ordered Designs" you will now find a new entry. Click the icon with the three dots to get more information about the design. You will be able to download an SVG or a serialized JSON export here. To generate a high resolution WebP you need to click the "Generate" button.
The rendering duration will take some seconds. After it has been finished you will see a small preview image. If you click it, it will automatically be downloaded.
If you have issues generating the image please use Google Chrome browser.
Step 4 - Add clip arts
Your customers will be able to upload their own graphics to add them into their product design. Also you can provide them a set of predefined clip arts to choose from. For this please log in into the Shopware backend and go to Content > Media.
You will find three directories added by the product designer plugin here:
- Product Designer - Uploads: These are images your customers uploaded from their local machine. The images are stored here so users will be able to change their created designs later on. Also they are needed to execute the rendering process. Don't delete or touch the files in here.
- Product Designer - Basket Images: This folder will contain the thumbnail images customers can see in their basket after they have added an article with a product design. You should not touch nor deleted files in here, too.
- Product Designer - Clip Arts: You can upload into this folder the clip arts you like your customers to choose from. If you like to group multiple clip arts into several categories you can create sub directories here. For each clip art you can define a title that will be presented near the image in the frontend.
- You can filter for several clip art categories in product designer configurations now.
- Layers for clip arts, QR codes etc. improved by design.
- Bug fix: HTML of frontend and backend page of product designer will not anymore cached in browser cache.
- Bugfix:Ordered product designs will still be listed now, even when a related product has been deleted.
- Bugfix: Clip arts placed in sub directories will now be grouped into categories.
- fixed an issue related to storing a custom css url
- Bugfix: The backend of the product designer now works if shop system is set to maintenance mode.
- Fixed styling issue for very large font names in the dropdown.
- Rendering a WebP image in the backend doesn't require to have the fonts used in the design installed on the local machine anymore.
- Using multiple configurations for several articles could break the designer. This issue has been fixed as well.
- Two more fonts added.
- Rotation snapping is now supported and can be configured in the backend
- Added option in configurations to enable add to basket button before a design has been created.
- Added option in configuration to force aspect ratio of text placed on canvas.
- Added option in configuration to force aspect ratio of clip arts placed on canvas.
- More fonts added
- Fonts will be shown as preview in dropdown
- Rendering can now be done in the browser without the need of the rendering software.
- The rendering output file type is webp now. This will reduce file size dramatically.
When saving a configuration a entered article number will be added automatically.
Adjustments to support Shopware 6.1
- Initial Plugin version