Cloud / Self-hosted
You can run Shopware in the cloud or use it as a self-hosted solution for your shop. Here you can check if a particular extension can be used in the cloud or self-hosted variant.
This extension cannot be used in a Shopware Cloud shop. Cloud Self-hosted
- Support by: Zeo
- Support languages:
- Order number: zeobv63525113392
- Manufacturer: Zeo
- Version: 1.3.5
- Last update: 15 Sep 2021
- Language support:
- Self-hosted compatibility: 6.0.06.1.0 – 22.214.171.124.0 – 126.96.36.199.0.0 – 188.8.131.52.3.1.0 – 184.108.40.206.3.2.0 – 220.127.116.11.3.3.0 – 18.104.22.168.3.4.0 – 22.214.171.124.3.5.0 – 126.96.36.199.4.0.06.4.188.8.131.52.16.4.1.06.4.2.0 – 184.108.40.206.4.3.0 – 220.127.116.11.4.4.0 – 18.104.22.168.4.5.0 – 22.214.171.124
- Automatic scheduled abandoned cart reminder emails.
- Insights in a webshop's abandoned carts via an overview in the Administration.
- Boost your conversions with just a few clicks.
- Get customers back to your shop to finish a purchase.
- Know which items get abandoned with cart detail insights.
- Automatic abandoned cart reminder emails.
- Abandoned cart insights via the Administration.
- Fully customizable and configurable mail template.
- Complete control over the timing for a cart to be considered abandoned and notifications to be scheduled.
- Configure a decay time to automatically clear up lost abandoned carts.
- Insight in items of each abandoned cart.
- Multi reminder support with our simple but powerful notification scheduling.
Don't lose out on conversions from customers forgetting to complete their purchase!
Get back conversions that you would otherwise have lost with this complete abandoned cart plugin. Sending reminders to your customers to finish their checkout has never been easier. Research has shown that sending abandoned cart reminders brought in 69% more revenue than a single email.
This plugin turns carts that have been left behind by your visitors into so-called Abandoned Carts. This happens as soon as a visitor's email is known in the checkout process or if a visitor is logged in. Now the timer starts ticking. After the configured time has passed for an Abandoned Cart a reminder email will be sent out to the owner of each cart. This reminder is created using an email template and contains a simple link the customer can use to revive its cart and finish the checkout process in your shop.
We also feature an overview in the Administration where you can view the status of each Abandoned Cart and in which shop it was abandoned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I ensure the abandoned cart mail to be send? We make use of the Shopware task scheduler, please be sure to configure this following the documentation. https://developer.shopware.com/docs/guides/plugins/plugins/plugin-fundamentals/add-scheduled-task#executing-the-scheduled-task https://developer.shopware.com/docs/guides/hosting/infrastructure/message-queue#cli-worker The use of Supervisor is recommend to manage the messenger:consume process to ensure the queue is always being processed. Always test your abandoned cart emails before using them on production, corrupt HTML or the use of illegal variables is easily overlooked. Also, note that the customer is not always known for an abandoned cart, so if you would like to use customer data be sure to check if it exists. If you suspect the abandoned cart emails are not being sent follow the following check routine: 1. Is the scheduler and queue processor configured and running correctly? 2. Is the "zeo_abandoned_cart.abandoned_cart_collect_task" present in your "scheduled_task" table with a status of either queued or scheduled and a recent last_execution_time or near future next_execution_time? 3. Are your "enqueue" and "dead_messages" tables looking healthy? (Not full with thousands of records) 4. Are the mail templates you are using for the abandoned cart emails valid? In other words, do they only contain variables provided by the abandoned cart service (zeoAbandonedCart, salesChannel, customer)? 5. Do the log files in var/log contain any mail related error logs?
- How does this extension differ itself from others in the store? We value quality and customer satisfaction above all. Our code has been thoroughly reviewed and tested allowing you to safely install this extension without fear of security leaks or crashes. However, in the event of incompatibility issues with other plugins or questions related to functionality, our support agents will be there for you within mear minutes or hours to resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
As the owner of this app you can rate it in the Shopware accountRate now in your account
Average customer rating from 1 reviews:
Best on the market
We first tried the other two abandoned cart plugins, but this one suits us the best. Ultra-fast support in answering our questions and quick to follow up to new updates. Recommended!
Thank you for your kind words! We are always happy to help :)
- Extract the zip file in the custom/plugins folder or use the Shopware plugin manager, install and activate the plugin using the command line or via the extension manager in the administration.
- Once installed and activated correctly access the plugin configuration via the three dots behind the plugin name in the administration.
- We provide a default email template functioning as a basis for your abandoned cart mail communication. This can be found between the other mail templates in the Shopware mail template manager under the name "Enter abandoned cart state: Reminded". Feel free to edit this template as you like, but be wary for creating corrupt HTML or using illegal variables. The abandoned cart mail makes use of the following template variables: zeoAbandonedCart, salesChannel, customer. Note that the customer variable is not guaranteed to be filled with customer data since we aim to get the customer's email as quickly as possible. Using things like customer.firstName without checking if the customer is actually defined can be risky and cause the mail to not be sent.
- Create extra mail templates using the "Enter abandoned cart state: Reminded" type for use in the abandoned cart mail scheduling.
- Configure the time schedule using the instruction found in the plugin configuration.
- Navigate to Marketing > Abandoned Carts to gain insight into cart conversions within your store and keep track of reminders being triggered.
Version 1.3.5- We now clear the abandoned cart when all line items have been deleted from the original cart.
- Made abandoned cart more persistent. It only gets deleted when a cart gets converted to an order or when the thrash delay has been reached.
- Added option to unsubscribe from abandoned cart mails from the user account in the Storefront.
- Added extra field to config to make it easier to debug if the abandoned cart processor is actually running.
- Moved abandoned cart resolving to OrderSubscriber to avoid sending abandoned cart emails to people who already performed an order but never reach the order finish page
- Added template data to mail template to allow previewing the email and browsing the available variables.
- Added support for custom products
- Added extra touch points for abandoned carts to be updated
- Improved UX in abandoned cart listing in the administration
Version 1.3.2- Added scheduling capabilities with custom mail templates to abandoned cart mailing
Version 1.2.9- Backwards compatibility fix, bringing scheduling capabilities to Shopware 6.3
Version 1.3.1- Fixed decoration issue in AbandonedCartService
Version 1.3.0- Made plugin compatible to 6.4.0
Version 1.2.8- Fixed bug in timing function causing abandoned carts to never be trashed or reminders to never be sent
Version 1.2.7- Übersetzungsfehler in Mail-Vorlagen behoben
Version 1.2.6- Added error prevention to scheduled task to ensure the continuation of abandoned cart mails
Version 1.2.5- Improved entity definition
Version 1.2.4- Fixed issue where mail header and footer would not always be attached to the email
Version 1.2.3- Fixed bug in abandoned cart details modal which hindered navigating to the referenced product
Version 1.2.2- Improved extendability
- Compatibility patch with ZeobvReorder plugin
Version 1.2.0# 1.2.0
- Backend order compatibility added
- Added function to view items in abandoned cart
Version 1.1.1# 1.1.1
- v126.96.36.199 compatibility update
Version 1.1.0# 1.1.0
- Added anonymous cart option. Via the configuration it's now possible to allow the abandoned cart mail to also recover the customer data for checkout or to make the cart recovery only restore the cart contents.
- Fixed issue where abandoned cart would not always be removed correctly on recovery or deprecation.
Version 1.0.4# 1.0.4
- Recovered cart items are now removable.
- Patched issue where not all abandoned carts would be processed if a sales channel didn't have any abandoned carts.
Version 1.0.2# 1.0.2
- Patched issue where no new cart would be created using the link in the abandoned cart email
- Added logo
Version 1.0.1# 1.0.1
- Compatibility fixes for Shopware 6.1.0-rc3
Version 1.0.0# 1.0.0
- First version of the Zeo Abandoned Cart for Shopware 6